tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A 2 hour plane ride later and I'm back home. The MD-88 arrived at the airport in the evening. I managed to finish reading Murakami's new novel during the flight. He left a cliffhanger right there. It got me thinking a lot.

We got home and unpacked. We got home just when we got used to Orlando. It's kind of a wait-i'm-back-already kind of feeling. Short-haul flights like these always got me like that.

"I don't really like these planes," the flight attendant said. "It's loud. These are one of our older models but it's really efficient and reliable."

The next day came and it was back to reality. The birds cried in their distinct tone, airplanes soared through the sky with their roaring engines, construction workers were busy building new things. I had two days left before I was off to college.

"You're like the flower that grew up in a green house," Eve said.

I got emails from the school, a spam of welcome back letters and notifications mainly suited for first years. Innocent, prospective new students posing with the mascot, wearing their crackling new knapsacks. It's amazing what one year could do to you. Soon those innocent students will change, maybe in a good way, maybe in a bad way.

It's not that I don't want to change. I do. I don't want to be quiet, I want to be confident and be a leader. But it takes a tremendous time.


No comments: