tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Saturday, August 2, 2014


June swung by and lingered away and July has come and gone, just like that. A month ago I passed my road test, and today we are here on the first day of August. The summer is winding down, unfortunately.

At this point it is all about cherishing the rest of the remaining days of my summer. Finding a job now is unthinkable.

Bs head was feeling heavy so she rested at her home for the day, whiling away the hours singing some of her favorite songs and napping. It's been days since I haven't seen her yet it feels like weeks. Everyday she was hard at work at the daycare, changing diapers and yelling at the children. I'm sure they looked up to her, I thought.

I ran a personal best of 12'15"80 this evening. There were significantly less people. You could even say there were more non-runners than runners in the track. Most seemed to just got out of work, slugging their shoulder bags and canvas bags while leisurely walking by themselves. Single workers, perhaps, with not much plans. Well it was a Friday evening and the Yankees were playing the Red Sox. Who would jog on an evening like that?

I haven't stepped a foot outside prior to breaking my new personal best record. The weather was decent so it would have been a good idea to go for a stroll, but that didn't happen. I finished speedreading the rest of a book I read a couple years back and began thumping through Sherlock Holmes. When classes start I already knew I was not going to have the time to read as often so I made sure to read what I wanted now.


In fact I alternate reading three books. I read a book and, losing interest midway through, I would find another one in my bookshelf and begin to read that. There's a sense of satisfaction when you curl up with a good book. That yes, now-this-is-good kind of feeling. 

In my bookshelf there were many books from my childhood that I don't recall ever reading. Or maybe I did read them before but happened to forget the plot and everything. They're stacked in two piles, up to my knees, some of them neatly placed on the shelf. These days I flipped through them and skimmed chapters. Some interesting stuff here and there.

Looking forward to what the rest of my break will be like. 

No comments: