tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Another day came and went. My mom and I went to a Yankees game, as usual, on Thursday. The stars weren't starting today, and once again I couldn't see Jeter play. It's always nice to go with mom. We know so much about baseball and the Yankees.

Time really flew.

I stared at the evening skies, the clouds hovering around the sun. An airplane soared through, its engines echoing. Birds were casually chirping. Occasional breezes would sweep, rattling the blinds.

I read, wrote, trained at the dojang every other day, and went on jogs. That was my routine.

Sure it wasn't the most interesting, but everybody needs a break.

Although I should, I didn't want to think about school. I didn't even unpack everything and I had to go back in two weeks. My suitemates were out of the ordinary. They had a strange vibe, all of them. They knew each other since freshman year and I only met three out of the four last year. They were all smart and prompt when it came to academics, but in their recreational, leisure life, everything went downhill and it came to the point where I was left in confusion. They were trolls on the internet and I'd usually have no idea what they were talking about.

My mom and I shopped for some dorm supplies. There were many little things here and there that I realized I needed. It's kind of relieving to be used to the procedures. Last year it was my first year at university since I transferred. And the year before that I was a freshman so both years I was feeling nervous. But now I felt more relaxed, also because I had most of the supplies I needed already. As they said, the third times the charm.

No comments: